On July 29, 2010, Randy Pitchford tweeted that more news about the fourth DLC is coming soon. Gearbox Software made the official announcement on August 11, 2010. The release date has been tentatively marked for September, 2010.
- 800 Microsoft Points
- $US12.99 on Steam for Australia/New Zealand (Assumed)
- €7.99 on Steam for European Union (Assumed)
- New Areas to explore
- New enemies, including a military force in the employ of Hyperion, and foes from the past with new Claptrap 'upgrades'.
- New NPCs
- 2 additional skill points 
- Increased backpack capacity
- 20 New missions
- Extracted from files in Patch 1.3.1
Marcus: Our story began when the Hyperion Corporation decided they'd had enough of the treasure hunters. With The Vault on lockdown, they had served their purpose, and now they were a drain on the economy. Why pay full price for weapons when you can take a five-finger discount off the nearest corpse?
Marcus: Hyperion was looking to clear the drain, but those guys were one tough hairball...
Intro Kid: I thought you said the treasure hunters were the drain.Now they're the hairball?
Marcus: Well- yes, see the treasure hunters were blocking the flow of- and the grimy build-up of money and-
Intro Kid: This metaphor stinks...
Marcus: Shut up! The point is Hyperion had a plan. The treasure hunters could handle all manner of beastie, bandit, and battalion, but they weren't expecting the ... Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap!
Marcus: This claptrap was programmed to take our boys out indirectly. Trapping, poisoning, spreading catty rumors around town. Nothing was off-limits. He was smart... too smart.
Marcus: He looked around, and didn't like what he saw: claptraps being subjugated, humiliated, obliterated. What we call programming, he called slavery. So he rallied his fellow claptraps and turned them against their corporate masters. What started as a rebellion became a revolution. And take a wild guess who Hyperion called to clean up the mess...
On August 5 patch 1.31 was released for PC. Within the patch files was information about potential missions, enemies and new locations for DLC 4. Original discovery by Zackh411. First added here. Original forum link here.
Subsequent exploration of the patch conducted by Legendrew available here.
- ↑ http://www.pcworld.com/article/203073/fourth_borderlands_addon_coming_in_september.html
- ↑ http://gaygamer.net/2010/08/viva_la_robolution.html
- ↑ http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2030121#post2030121